Welcome to the ICS Elementary library which serves our early childhood through grade 5 community.
Collection - Library resources at this level are used to enrich, inform and entertain our younger students by providing access to quality reading materials and materials supporting curriculum needs. These include a fantastic selection of picture books, beginning readers, “chapter” books and nonfiction books, periodicals, audio-books and online resources. Encouraging a love of read is a primary goal of our program as we guide our students to finding “just right” books. The library also has computer workstations connected to the Internet and the on-line catalog.
Loan Policy – Students may borrow materials for a two-week loan period according to their grade levels:
EC – 1 book (starting second semester)
KG – 1 item
Grade 1 - 2 items
Grade 2 - 2 items
Grade 3 - 3 items
Grade 4 – 4 items
Grade 5 – 5 items
Parents are encouraged to get their own library account and may borrow 10 items. Please ask at the circulation desk.
Overdue Materials – All patrons are expected to return library materials in a timely manner. The librarian will advise students (and other patrons) of any outstanding items.
Lost & Damaged Materials – Patrons will be fined the price of materials that are lost and or damaged beyond repair.
Educational Videos – Free!
- WATCH KNOW LEARN http://www.watchknowlearn.org/
- Scholastic News for Kids http://teacher.scholastic.com/activities/scholasticnews/index.html
- A Book and a Hug http://www.abookandahug.com/
- Kids Reads http://www.kidsreads.com/
- Read Kiddo Read http://www.readkiddoread.com/home
- What to read next? Try the Book Seer! http://bookseer.com/
Research @ ICS
- Wordnik (dictionary & thesaurus) http://www.wordnik.com/
- Big 6 Resources http://nb.wsd.wednet.edu/big6/big6_resources.htm
Search our catalog and databases from the Intranet Link on the ICS Website Home Page.