Elementary School News
Elementary School News, Michael Schooler, Principal
Elementary Play Day
Elementary Play Day has been scheduled for the mornings of 7 June (EC), 8 June (grades 3 - 5) and 9 June (KG – grade 2). Play day is primarily for the kids to have fun and develop their social contact through participation in various group activities. Children are exposed to activities that develop their social awareness, problem solving ability, and physical fitness. Besides the activities afford an opportunity to experience leadership and good follower-ship.
Note Date and Venue:
7 June, EC, 9:40 – 11:00 AM, Gym
8 June, grades 3 – 5, around the elementary playground and Gym, between 8:30 - 11:05 AM
9 June, KG – grade 2 around the elementary playground and Gym, between 9:00 – 11:30 AM
ES Student-led Conferences Online Booking Information
Pick-a-Time, our online conference scheduling system, is now open for parents to book conference times for their kids. See below for instructions to make your appointments:
- Click on the link - https://pickatime.com/ICS-Conference/ICS-ES-Student-Conference-May_2016
- You will need to create an account within the system to schedule a conference if you haven't done so before. Please use the email address in which you received these instructions; this is your preferred email address for ICS communications.
- To create your account, simply enter your email address, enter your first name, last name, create a password, and Click OK to register.
- Once you are registered, you will see the screen to select your child/student. You will need to have your child’s ICS ID card number and his/her birthdate for verification purposes. Follow the instructions on the screen to enter your child and see his/her conference schedule. You can add multiple children on the same screen.
To Schedule a Time
- Each colored square represents an available meeting time. The legend shows you which teacher corresponds to which color. Click on a square to book that time.
- You will have the choice of setting a time for when you would like a reminder email delivered.
- Click Create Appointment.
- Repeat until you have a time with each teacher you would like to visit.
- At any time, you can click on “printable schedule” and print your conference schedule; you also have the option to email the schedule to yourself.
- If you want to make changes to your schedule, you can log in at any time with the email address and password you used to create your account.
- Click on “Your Schedule” to display your appointments. There are links to change the time or cancel the appointment.
ES Summer Camp Program
ICS will host its annual summer camp for students currently enrolled in EC-3 through G5 from Monday 13 June through Friday 24 June, from 8:30 AM-12:00 PM. Activities that promote reading, math, fitness and the arts will be offered. The theme for this year’s program will be “STEAM: Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics” with activities highlighting the many different aspects of each topic. It promises to be both fun and exciting!
If you are interested in your student(s) attending ICS Summer Camp, complete a registration form at this registration link.
After completing the form please pay the appropriate fee to the ICS cashier, between 08:00 – 12:00 and 15:00-17:00. You can register for one week or two weeks. The cost is one week is 2100 ETB / two weeks is 4200 ETB. Students must be entering EC4 in the next school year to be eligible for the program.
Registration will close and fees need to be paid by 1 June. If you have questions please email email@example.com
Parent Input on Class Assignments for 2016-17 SY.
The elementary school is giving parents the opportunity to provide input to help us develop class list for the 2016–17 school year. This “Parent Input” form is available in hard copy form in the elementary school or
you can also download the form Here. We go to great efforts to ensure that children are placed in the right classroom based on their academic, social and emotional needs. The factors that we must consider in organizing our classrooms are numerous. Our placement policy is based on our experience in the education system and our work with children. Our placement process is in the elementary handbook (page 22).
ICS Addis Elementary School Year Book for 2015-16 SY
On sale now, from the student store 350birr