PCL - Parent Community Link
WHO is the PCL?
The PCL is a team of parent volunteers, supported and ultimately overseen by the ICS Communications Office. The managing team is elected by the ICS community on a yearly basis in November and serves from January through December (with the exception of the first managing team).
2017-2018 PCL Managing Team:
- Stephanie Barnett
- Leah Bryant
- Coleen Gatehouse
- Moana van Hijum-McKenzie
- Louise Nel
- Oscar Omenda
WHAT does the PCL do?
The PCL works to create a strong sense of community, to encourage parent involvement, and to support students and teachers in delivering a quality education program. We do that through a series of events coordinated by the managing team and supported by parent volunteers.
HOW can I get involved?
Register to volunteer! Fill out this short survey to let us know the types of events you’d like to support and the days and times you are available. Whether you want to regularly plan events or only have time for one hour at a major event on a weekend, the PCL is your link to the school for volunteering. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Wednesday, 1 November
PCL Coffee Morning with Pan-African Breakfast
SHAMIDA Ethiopia Trip
Mountain Bike Event
Addis Coffee Lovers' Tour
PCL Coffee Morning with Potluck Holiday Breakfast
The Parent Community Link’s mission is to create a strong sense of community, to raise the level of parent involvement and to support students and teachers in delivering a quality education program.
We seek to accomplish this mission by:
- Enhancing two-way communication between the school and parents.
- Increasing community involvement that supports the ICS mission and vision.
- Arranging activities and special events that support and enhance the sense of community.
- Supporting students and school projects with fundraising through PCL activities.
- The PCL is made up of parent volunteers and is supported and ultimately overseen by the school through the Communications Office.
- The managing team is elected by the ICS community on a yearly basis in November and will serve on the team from January through December. (with the exception of the first managing team).
- The PCL managing team will set the agenda and objectives for each year, in collaboration with the school.
- The PCL will hold monthly meetings that engage the community and advance PCL events and school activities.
- The managing team will get parent volunteers to lead and support each event or project.
- The managing team will develop and manage a yearly budget. A yearly budget review will be conducted by the Communications Office.